For Window Repair and Wood Rot Services
Your wood window repair and window replacement specialist
Residential and Commercial
We do much more than wood window repair and Wood Rot replacement:
Wooden Window Repair & Window Replacement
We can repair any wood or vinyl window problem and leave your window working as good as new and usually for only a 1/3 the cost of full window replacement! We can completely restore rotted wood window frames, wood window sashes, window sills, and glass.
We repair all brands of home windows including: Anderson, Pella, Jeld-wen, Marvin, and Masonite just to name a few. We'll make your window repair near or exact to your original!
Call us today for any vinyl or wood window repair you need!
We make window repair near
Wood Rot Replacement
We can repair or replace any interior and exterior rotted wood around your home - including wood trim around your wood window frames, door jambs, wood soffits, wood fascia and siding and restore the charm back into your home! We can make your wood rot replacement near or exact to its original condition or even better by using rot-free PVC products.
Call us today for your rotted wood repair needs before it gets worse!
Paint / siding / trim / wood rot replacement -
we do it all!
Let us restore the value and charm of your home with a fresh new look from Hardie Board™ siding and a fresh coat of paint!
Although we specialize in window repair and wood rot replacement, we offer most exterior home repair services. We can repair and replace leaky gutters, drafty doors and ripped window and door screens.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I prevent (or slow) wood rot repair, wood rot replacement and window repair issues?
• Eliminate or relocate all shrubbery that are too close to the windows.
• Relocate or redirect sprinklers away from windows.
• Have your windows inspected for rot and proper sealing.
• Paint your windows every 4 – 5 years using proper surface preparation procedures.
• Reseal your window perimeters.
• Address existing problems IMMEDIATELY.
• Do you have fogged glass? Let Aruba Window Repair and Home Improvement Replace it! Condensation collected between the two panes of glass, seeps into the wood and creates wood rot.
Why does my insulated glass fog?
Insulated glass, often called “thermal pane” or “double pane” glass, was developed to create a more energy efficient window. Insulated glass is created by bonding two panes of glass together along their perimeter while maintaining space between them. Double pane glass manufactured today has two perimeter seals, an inner seal that resist water, aging and corrosion, and an outer seal that provides rigidity and strength. However, overtime these window seals eventually fail and require complete window replacement or just simple glass replacement.
The leading causes of seal failure are:
• Seals that break down from exposure to water. Windows without the proper safeguards (ie. sealants) that keep water away from the perimeter, will cause seals to fail sooner.
• Excess heat (ie. direct sun exposure) causes the panes to expand and contract, and softens and weakens the seal until it develops a crack or separates at least one pane of glass from the seal and allows moisture in.
This type of window repair can be very cost effective by simply replacing the glass and diverting water and heat from the new window.
How much does it cost to repair windows?
Window repair cost vary depending on the type and extent of damage. The size and type of window repair needed, as well as other materials used to build the window also effect pricing. Although its not a simple answer, our average window repair cost are usually only a third of full window replacement. For example: A new window may cost $2,000 (including labor cost) to replace but to repair would only be around $650, would likely perform better than original and take less time to complete. Most window repair contractors will order complete windows and pass the expense on to the consumer. We build most of our sashes in-house and provide actual savings for all of our clients!
What do I do when the seal fails/glass fogs?
When insulated glass develops fog and in later stages becomes milky, it is a sign of seal failure on the thermal pane glass.
The ONLY viable and long lasting option is glass replacement.
New insulated glass, if properly installed, last a lot longer than its 10 year warranty.
This is a typical window repair and what we handle these problems regularly.
What type of work is usually involved with wood window repair or wood rot replacement?
1. Aruba Window Repair and Home Improvement inspects your windows/house for rot, damage and seal failure.
2. After the homeowner decides to proceed with the repairs, Aruba Window Repair and Home Improvement will prepare all needed materials according to the specifications.
3. Aruba Window Repair and Home Improvements experienced technicians carefully remove damaged components of the window or rotten wood and replace with new rot-free components, assuring proper operation of the window.
4. Detailed clean-up around the work areas.
5. All rotted wood replacement components are replaced with primed, sealed and ready-to-paint products.
6. Aruba Window Repair and Home Improvement also offer painting services.
Some Areas We Provide Window Repair, Wood Rot Repair and more:
St Clair Shores